I have been to Hell and Back So Often, I have Frequent Flyer Miles.
That pretty much sums it up. That’s the initial line in my autobiography or any movie that tells my life story.
I have been blessed to experience so many wonderful moments in my life including:
- backpacking through Europe,
- talking with Pope John Paul II,
- playing basketball with Michael Jordan,
- selected as the clinical site supervisor of the year in Illinois,
- being adjunct faculty of the year and
- getting my picture taken with the Stanley Cup!
And I have also experienced real heartbreak and pain including:
- alcohol and drug addiction with over twenty years of recovery,
- financial devastation, bankruptcy, and homelessness,
- infidelity and near divorce, and
- the death of two infant children.
My life story is full of ups and downs and that tag line says it all.